To The Ancient Capital
07:30 - 08:30 Get picked up by our tour guide and bus then depart for Ninh Binh province (90 km south of Hanoi). Have a break 20 minutes half way to relax and experience Vietnamese handicraft products such as lacquer wares, paintings, embroideries…
10:30 Arrive at Hoa Lu, which is once depicted the ancient capital of Viet Nam, settled up in the 10th century.
11:00 Visit temples of two dynasties of Dinh and Le with a very unique architectures in the old time.
11:30 Visit the excavation area beside the Le Dai Hanh temple. You experience the vestiges of Royal Palaces ground dated back 10th century. Go back to the bus and drive to Tam Coc.
CYCLING RIDE (optional): Those who love to explore real countryside images of Vietnam can proceed a 40 minute cycling ride along country lane (from Tam Coc to Bich Dong Pagoda, estimated time 40 minutes for 5km cycling 2 ways), experiencing the beautiful scenery of lush paddy fields. Finish the cycling ride at Tam Coc dock in time for a buffet lunch in restaurant.
14:00 Board the sampan boats (2 people share a boat) in Tam Coc dock to drift down the river among the villages, mountains and lush rice fields. Passing through 3 caves "Hang Ca - First cave, Hang Hai -Second cave, Hang Ba - Third cave" to get a strange feeling. Boat returns to the dock for bus drive back to Hanoi.
18:00 Arrive in Hanoi. Tour ends.
- Pick-up and drop off at your accommodation in Hanoi’s
- Round-trip transport between Hanoi and Hoa Lu/Tam Coc
- All entrance tickets to sites indicated in the description
- Complimentary bottles of water on the bus
- Buffet lunch featuring Vietnamese cuisine
- English-speaking tour guide during the trip
- Biking from Tam Coc to Bich Dong
- Personal expenses and those not clearly mentioned as included
- Pick-up and drop off outside Hanoi’s Old Quarter